Friday, February 3, 2012

Snake Phobia for the Win!

This week (another week that felt as though it would never end) there were several interesting things that occured. Lets start at the end of last week:               

Saturday's Ballroom Competition:
Unfortunately I couldn't convince my partner of last semester to come back this semester (he has classes on Tuesdays which means he thinks he can't come for anything). So I enjoyed the day chilling on the side watching. I also won a nice new duffel bag in a raffle (as the first number called too :D yay!). Here's a few of the pics I took that day:






Wednesday: After what has been the most confusing week of trying to shuffle around schedules to fit the ever changing timetables of my lectures and practicals lately, I attended the exotic animal review session before the practical for the class. Exotics here are rodents, birds, and reptiles not anything too interesting. I handled a few rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, rats and a chinchilla (a nasty diva named lady gaga) for the rodent side then for reptiles we met a bearded dragon (who has won me over and now I want one), a leopard gecko name Gordon, an African fat tailed gecko named Stevie, a tortoise (supposedly name 2), and Monty Python. Monty I felt absolutely no need to hold (although yes he was a nice python).

Thursday: After signing up for the next dance competition (in Birmingham! Next week!) on the "Need a Partner" list, I was sent a guy's name who I couldn't really remember from class. Even after meeting him, I still really don't know who he is... However it would make sense that I may not have seen him all that often, because I spent nearly 3 hours at the practice session trying to teach him the basic steps of cha cha cha, jive, waltz, and "quickie step".  This is a quick sketch of what I feel about the situation:

In case you're not sure what this is a picture of, it's my head down on my desk...

Today (TGIF): Went back for my exotic practical with my classmates this time. Was feeling pretty good, because I knew a bunch of the stuff that they went over. We then moved on to the reptiles, and last out were Monty and a corn snake, neither of which I wanted to hold (and the corn snake got pretty determined that I should) and my classmates stared a little. Ever get the feeling that something like this could come up again? I already know that if someone brings a snake in for my exam in April, I'm going to look at them, smile, and tell them to hold it. I'll give all the husbandry of it, and I'll touch it if I need to, but someone else is going to hold it.

And there is a quick summary of my week. I'm looking forward to tomorrow being a day to finally get some sleep and to do all the things I'm behind on (like buying groceries).

2 comments:

  1. Poor Sankes. :( all they want is your love :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. And did you know, Its been a loooooong time since youve updated all of your adoring fans ya know

    ReplyDelete