Monday, January 23, 2012

Competition Week!!!

This Saturday will be a ballroom dancing competition here in Edinburgh and I have signed up to be in it! There is so much that goes into prep for this thing. Costumes have to have certain regulations on them, accessories have to be gathered, hair and make-up products by the kilo have to be gathered, and emergency kits have to be assembled.

I have two possible outfits for the weekend. The first is a cute blue top with my faithful old black skirt and the second is the bridesmaid dress from this past summer. Either one will work for this (since I'm in the beginner/novice category I can't have sequins and fringes.... yet...) or I may end up wearing both, who knows!

Tonight we had a mini party with just the ladies (and one of the gents who also got prettified) and had a practice run of hair and make up, hence why I'm up later than I should be on a Monday night. I came back to my flat and none of my flat mates were wandering around to be able to see my pretty face in not even enough make-up that I will end up wearing this weekend.

This isn't a very good picture of it....

This is me with tons of hair spray on the front half of my hair, about an inch thick of foundation, tanner, blush, eye shadow, eye liner, lipstick, and mascara all generously applied and came wandering laughing that some how my flat mates were missing this (and they don't actually know I joined ballroom, hehehe). Still to be done for Saturday: more eye shadow, eye liner and tanner (that is not nearly enough) and hopefully in the right colors to match what I'm wearing, more hair spray to keep my bun in the back neat for an all day event, fake eye lashes to make me look dramatic, and accerries to make judges look across the room and say "Her, she looks good, next round." (apparently it also helps if you're tall for these things, not saying anything....)

I will try to take tons of pictures this weekend. I'm still a little depressed that I couldn't find my partner to make him sign up too so I wouldn't have to repair with a girl and learn some of the male steps in half a weeks time... on top of neurology (aka study of the brain, nerves, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment