Monday, August 1, 2011

The First Ever!

Hello everyone and welcome to my traveling blog!! :) For those who haven't heard, this is where I'll be posting updates on what I've been up to recently while I am studying out at school (I promise to leave book reading and taking notes out of Things I've been Doing)

(Click the What Else??? below in order to see the rest of the entry!)



Stardate: -311417.10394469806





I've been packing and trying to get my stuff together for the big trip! My visa is approved, my flights reserved (and if I am to believe the airline's site I have a window seat :) yay!), and I have thought about what I might bringing with me to Scotland. Thinking about it counts, right?

Something interesting that I have just learned is that I should bring Ziploc bags with me because, according to an inside source, they don't have them (and the ones you can find are not of the same caliber). Tomorrow I am picking up a few last minute items and a couple boxes of Ziploc bags is on the list.

I have received many of the same questions from everyone who see's me on the street so let me just give the run through the answers to a few:

  • Nervous?: Yes, very. Never been A: on a trans-Atlantic flight before, B: to Europe, C: able to remember every thing that I need when I go on a trip somewhere. Add in that I don't know a soul on that half of the globe, well, I'm sure you can imagine that I stay up at night trying to think of what needs to be done.
  • Excited?: Of course! I've been given the opportunity to spend 4 years in another country that looks like this: ------> 
  • Packed?: If you have known my past packing habits, then asking me this question is silly. For those who don't know, I'm the person who has to turn around a few miles down the road to retrieve what I've forgotten and still make it an hour out and realize I forgot that other important thing because I packed the hour before I left...
  • Where will you live?: I will be staying in a flat on campus (aka an apartment) with three others (whom have not been disclosed to me as of yet) and I will be fending for myself food wise (but at least I know how to mooch food off of others)
  • What will your email/phone/address/etc be?: Email will stay the same (thanks to the University I will be able to receive all emails sent to klk4@alfred.edu). Phone, however, is a different story. As I have recently learned, unless you have a smart phone, the technology for our phones is different that it is in Europe so there is no sending of reviving calls with my current phone. With the new number (with my fancy European phone) you won't want to call me because of those pesky international rates. But! There is always Skype (which is free!) if you want to call me. As for address, I have not learned of it yet but I will make sure everyone knows what it is when I know.
  • How are you/Are you eating well?: I am well, just tired. And I just scarfed down a package of Oreos which answers that.
Well, this isn't, per say, an exciting first blog entry, but then again, I haven't done anything particularly interesting yet. Well, I do have this amazing new coloring book that I am very, very excited to use :)

1 comment: