Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Video!

It's not the promised living arrangements video... But if you're still interested in seeing some of Edinburgh, then by all means, I'm not stopping you!

Here it is! In it's first (and most likely last) showing: Riding the Bus!!

*cricket chirp*

Yeah ok, not so exciting. But I've had this phone for about a week and a half and haven't played with the features a lot (mostly because I can't find them, such as changing the ringtone... it eludes me...).

Well, enjoy to your hearts content.



I was also having some issues captioning the video, but next time it will be better.

And there really was some guy dressed as wonder woman. I wish I was making it up because it was really rather creepy...

And the status update:

To start off with: MAIL!! Mail can be sent to my current residence on campus as I did already receive mail from my bank! And for all of you who would like to send me a little something (or show up in person) here it is:


2/7 Sciennes Place
Edinburgh
Midlothian
EH9 1NG
UK

I cannot promise that the format is entirely correct, but minus the UK this is how the mail that arrived at my flat was addressed. And you can address it to Miss Kristina Lynn Kelm :)

The mail that I received was my banking card from opening an account and today my check from the school FINALLY went through. Great right? Well, I took it to get some groceries and ended up having to put it all back when after going to customer service to figure out why my card that the letter says "start to use it straight away" wouldn't work and found out that I have no other option but to put the pin through and I have yet to be provided with a pin number. Dumb? Oh yeah. The lady on the phone while I stood in the store utterly confused said that they MAIL IT OUT but SEPARATELY from everything else for security. So, I am going to have to memorize some RANDOM NUMBER that THE BANK PICKS OUT FOR ME that they cannot PROVIDE FOR ME WHEN I REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT!!!

Angry? ME? NEVER!!

When I show up in bank when my pin does not come in the next postal delivery that's what I'm telling myself...

Missing my debit card from home with the option to enter your pin or just swipe as credit. SO much easier. <3 Bank of America (wow, never thought I'd say that).

Never fear though, I will not starve or anything silly like that. When they tell you to allot 70 pounds a week towards food, I spend 35 towards standard grocery and then extra towards simple grab things (like milk or chocolate <- not an addict) and I always grab the deals, so I have chicken and beef frozen in the freezer and some assorted items in the cabinet (and chocolate cereal :) <-not an addict). And I'll just have to do with out, until I sort out this mess, buying extra chocolate every other day (*twitch*).

I've also gone half insane today which led to the sending of threats of the location of dirty socks and the discussion of the girliness (shut up auto correct, I'm not calling it girlishness) of my little pony with a friend's friend on my friends wall post.

I'm otherwise doing well (except for the cursed bank *grumble grumble*). I'll post again soon (hopefully with a video on where I live!) once I recharge my phone (since it's my alarm for the morning).

No comments:

Post a Comment