Monday, December 19, 2011

1....!!!!!!!!!!!


I head back to the states in t-9 hours.

So how did I spend my last day in the UK? Let me give the brief overview (and be impressed):

My alarm went off at 7:30 but because I had stayed up till 2 am last night, I hit snooze for 15 mins.

I got up and showered, and gathered together a load of laundry, headed down and started it.

Came back, watched last nights episode of leverage. Ran downstairs and put it in the dryer.

Gathered together some money and went to the store to buy a few items (such as lunch) to get me through today. Ran back and took my clothes out of the laundry.

Gathered together some money, and went to a local store to exchange it to US currency. Trip = 3 miles (of course wasn't tired from this).

Came back and started cleaning, realized that I could probably wash my quilt so took it downstairs and started wash number 2.

Continued to clean. Vacuumed my room so now the rug is blue again (not the same shade as my hair color).

Realized that there were a few more items I could wash. Started wash number 3 with all of the hand towels in our flat.
Did all of the left over dishes and put away already clean ones. Started dinner.

Ran to the store and bought paper towels.
Cleaned out fridge and washed it down.

Went and saw the new Sherlock Holmes film (which I recommend if you enjoyed the first because it was excellent). Total travel = 3.5 miles.

Tired because it's late. Took out all of the trash in my flat and recyclables (left behind by my flatmates and what I had as well). Ripped everything I had packed in my suitcase and repacked it better.

Sorted through change for the buses to the airport tomorrow and gathering my carry-on luggage. My laptop will be the last thing since I have to disassemble it from the wall. I also still have to remake my bed (because I washed everything) and finally collapse in it to awake early to head home.

I would write more, but I'm making typing errors all over the place from being tired. But I am nearly there. I shall soon be in the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment