Friday, December 16, 2011

4...

4 more days until my return.

I've been working on a list of things I'm looking forward to having when I get back the States. My food list is getting rather long:

Food's I Would Like to Eat(A.K.A. What I Miss)

Pancakes, Bacon, and Syrup

Here the bacon is more like slices of ham (although it does taste the same, it just isn't the same as crispy bacon) and you have to pay extra for maple syrup (which of course makes sense it's imported). I do have something that sort of resembles syrup, but it doesn't have that maple/butter flavor to it :(

Eggnog

This is just a seasonal thing (although I haven't found it here, but mostly I'm assuming that it's hidden is some weird corner of the stores that I would never look).



Root Beer Floats

I did find a store that sells cans of root beer, but for 16 pounds a case I decided to wait on that.

Beef Stew

I could make this, but I'm lazy :) my mom said she'd make it for me.

Pizza

This isn't just any pizza. This is white pizza :) When you're flavors are a few choices including the pepperoni and cheese dubbed "The American" that only a few places will have (proof that Americans own pizza and Europeans are the ones copying) you miss all of the good flavors.


Milkshakes

What's a girl got to do to get a nice thick milkshake around here?


A Strawberry Banana Smoothie from my favorite Smoothie place :D

I usually get one when I feel like I deserve it. I think I do.


Doughnuts

Perhaps a whole box, deep fried, smothered in sugar, glaze, icing, sprinkles, frosting and possibly stuffed full of custard. I can't do anymore healthy doughnuts. They are blasphemy to the name of doughnut. In case there is any debate, Webster comes to my rescue:

Definition of DOUGHNUT

1
: a small usually ring-shaped cake fried in fat

Thank you Webster. I shall find a Dunkin Doughnuts upon return.

And lastly:

A cup of Hot Chocolate

Yes there is hot chocolate here. And I did have a good cup at the chocolate tree (that I dumped my candy cane in to make it better), but where are my marshmallows/fluff (mostly fluff)? What about putting whipped cream and chocolate syrup or animal crackers on top? What about white hot chocolate???? (I'm going to find packets of these and bring them back with me).

And this is my list so far. I'm sure I will find other things to add to my list (like pretzel m&ms) but this is a pretty good start :)

No comments:

Post a Comment