Monday, December 12, 2011

8...

8 more days until I return :D

Today I finished the 3rd of my pattern towards my dress (yeahs!!) and started the wing of a butterfly before calling it an evening. I'm going to continue work on it and am going to hold off too many pictures until I start piecing some of them together to see how they will look which will be very exciting!!

I had an easy day of learning about poultry and enjoyed a very delicious hot chocolate with my candy cane this evening (right before I attempted to take half of my finger off).

Speaking of trying to take my finger off, let me explain. In the most ridiculous set-up ever, my flat's entry way is a tiny hallway with two large heavy fire doors that swing in opposite directions towards each other. Also, they overlap meaning that you have to open one all the way and then the other in order to get through. This makes it very difficult to get through. What we do in my flat, is have a door stopper to prop the inner most door open. This allows us to enter by only opening one door (the one that counts). Today as I came in, the stopper came loose and closed while I was holding the other one open and it slammed (because they are very heavy doors) onto my hand and cut into my finger. It hurt, a lot. I used a bag of frozen broccoli (as it was the only thing of mine in the freezer) and bled all over it. I'm a little angry at the doors and the architect that designed the building (I WILL find them).

No comments:

Post a Comment